Sunday, August 1, 2010

Food and Me

i m a non-conformist!

i don't follow people's rules, i have my own standards and i am only obliged to them!!!!

i don't really want to explain my behavior or attitude toward different things, but then i think that i should explain, in the same way that paulo coelho explains things.

so i don't like food much!!!!!!!!! although i admit that it is one of the greatest gifts of God, but then is it all i should think about and learn in order to survive my married life????? well if that is what people expect from me, then they have to be disappointed!!!!

in paulo coelho's novel "The Zahir", esther tells her husband that "women are the happiest when they cook and see their family eat". true very true!

and i read somewhere that evolution of mankind is directly related to the cooking of food! the importance of food, accepted! but is it necessary that one's life should revolve around cooking of the food?

i don't cook.... and there is a difference between 'can't' and 'don't'. it means that i can cook but i don't do it regularly!

life is too short and there is so much to do. we already waste a lot of our time, doing unproductive things, that are to no avail, food although is important, but does not make focal point of my life existence. i eat to live, and not live to eat. cooking exotic meals to satisfy my taste buds or that of my friends is not necessary for me, you can fulfill your requirement of food by eating daal chawal or tikka or duck fonti! who cares? you will feel hungry after four hours and then what? follow the same ritual???!!! isn't there something better to do? there is not even a single person in this world, who can tell you, what my favorite food is? because it is not important.

80% of world problems arise because of food, the lust for food, eliminate the food and there would be less problem! a teacher of mine once told me that its not my sole responsibility to eliminate those problems.

all in place. i don't like to spend my time learning to cook exotic food and gathering people's praise. i have learnt the hardest way that i can't make everyone happy, so i won't even try!!!! i've got better things to do with my time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...