Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FLOOD


clouds... that i wish would pass without pouring anymore water on us!


floods come and go... in other countries!

bad things happen... to other people!!!

but... this time the flood is going to happen to us! i live only 10 kilometers away from the River Indus. some people call it "MIGHTY INDUS." and my school where I teach is only 10 minutes walk away from the river! and we are still on the high alert for the flood.
Today I had a good look of the river from the roof of my school. it was full to the brim and if flood water hits, it's gonna be havoc! we are in danger and people!!!!! well people are people...................................


i talked to few people about what they think of the flood threat and the condition of high alert? and you know what nobody is bothering about it!

there was killing in Karachi of some leader of MQM and everyone is lamenting about him.... ignoring how many people have been killed in return and altogether forgetting the threat caused by flood, deadlier since 1979...

the natural disasters are not that great as the mismanagement of people have made them!!!! we were (Pakistani Management) informed a lot of time earlier that we are under the threat of flood and heavy monsoon rain! but to no avail, now more than 1500 lives lost and many more disappeared, we are thinking of rescue and relief operations ヅ [as if this is gonna ever happen]


facing the problem is one thing but surviving to see the aftermath is another. I always think that if something is gonna happen, I would be the first one to die (wait a sec, I never said i was a coward or a pessimist, or i hate life), because dead are relieved from all the problems. PROBLEMS are for the living things. after the flood water recedes, the chaos it has created, the havoc it would have caused would be a lot more difficult to face than the flood itself. how can i would stand to see what would have happened of my home, my neighbors' home, the place where I worked, the shops that i went to, the roads i walked on? the people i saw everyday? I would die of Sadness the aftermath would have caused! I wish that floods would never come.

I wish that water would stay in the river and won't break any boundaries.

I wish that after the 4th of August, or the 9th of August, or the 11th of August {these all are the dates when the water is predicted to hit Haiderabad}I would wake up early in the morning and go to work and see the smiling faces of my colleagues, my students and all other people on the way.

Home outside the school, it's in the imminent danger of being drowned by flood 
scene outside my school

2 comments:

  1. I Like the starting ..
    And it's not like people aint worried or they dont consider it a severe one ..
    We all condemn that whatever happened should not have happened .. We have deep sympathy for more than 4 lakh people who are affected by Flood .. But People may not be taking it serious because many problems ,the severe ones go parallel with the flood ..Say the Bus Accident .. The plane crash .. The MQM stuff ..

    I totally feel absurd and crooked that Rehman Malik and Altaf said that the death of that Minister is a severe case [And what about the other more than 50 people ? ..The 50 families that lost their loved ones ..The 50 families that got hopeless .. ] ..Kamran khan condemns the visit of Presddent and Bilawal in London .. And what about the pussilaminous Altaf Hussain who lives there ? ..Why doesnt he come and visit the victims .. Pointing is easy ..well that's an another topic .. !

    Hope that all goes well .. Condition of Pak is getting worse .. But all that happens is Planned By the Lord ..and That's always full of wit .. We can just condole and show the sympathy .. and offcourse help them

    ReplyDelete
  2. people r not really taking it seriously, they laughed it off when i asked about the nearest relief camp!

    second thing that Altaf is not even Pakistani, he has taken a british passport and he is no longer a pakistani, stupid "moajirs" are not willing to see the difference... condemning is easy and facing the problems is difficult.
    i hope that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...