Thursday, October 13, 2011

Woes of a software engineer...

or rather i should say estranged software engineer. after a long gap of 5 years i remembered that i am a software engineer and that i should go back to my own field and finish my studies and do something in it.

so i left my teaching job, left my home and moved to a different city ( i used to live here once upon a time, so this is not a new city) and got admission in a university to complete my masters degree in software engineering ( i started it in 2007). so in the classroom, i go back....

in the classroom everything was alright until the teacher started teaching. introductions were all easy. subjects were all that i had taken before. good... so far; and after almost three months, i feel like a stranger (obviously i am a stranger). kids know more acronyms than i do. technology has changed (and so have girls' hairstyles) and some i have forgotten (lack of practice) so here i am in deep trouble... i took a gigantic leap for following my dreams, just to realize that things and conditions have changed...

now, what will i do? persevere.... that is what i'll do.....read more books and relearn everything!!!!!!

:)
wish me luck
Sugandh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...