Friday, April 28, 2017

Neither A Friend Nor An Enemy

When I come to work, I am nobody's friend or enemy. I just am. Yes, there are people I prefer to work with and there are people that I would like to avoid, but still I am nobody's friend or enemy.

The thing is that I don't really believe in workplace friendships, neither is work my sole form of socializing or entertainment, work is what it is - WORK!

But the people I work with come with a strong sense of loyalty, not to work, but to people they work with! You do realize how is this a problem!

So, at times I feel frustrated and I want to teach them that my loyalty is with the organization I work for, not people I work with, because I have learnt a very hard way that people leave and the work still needs to get done!

So, to people at work!

I am neither you friend, nor an enemy and I suppose that you would respect me for keeping my distance from your grouping, politics and intrigues!


Sugandh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...