Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Demise of Shelfari

I started using shelfari in 2007, but i truly got addicted to it after it introduced 'books to read this year' feature, where i could just put in a number and just add the date i finished it on to add it towards the goal. amazing feature.

and it had a great contribution in making me a binge reader i am today. i discovered the group '50 books challenge' who were trying to defy steve jobs comment on people not finding time for reading books. [i am not sure about the quote] so i started with reading 15 books and then 20, 25 and finally 50. the year [2014] my goal was to read 50 books, i ended up reading 62 books and that was my biggest achievement of life!!! [like seriously, more than graduating from university, or getting my first job, or getting my dream job etc]

and now shelfari is being shut down by it's owner. though they are providing a substitute but i don't think that i would be able to build the relationship with the substitute the way i built it with shelfari. it was so nice, sleek and well techie. :)

Dear Shelfari you will be sourly missed!!!

Sugandh

2 comments:

  1. Maybe its time to move on...
    Francis bacon also said something in favor of not reading that many books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! sometimes it takes you time to move on and I think it is ok to stand still for a few moments at the spot and remember things that were! I did move on in the end

      Delete

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...