Monday, October 7, 2019

Living with Two Mugs

I got married and moved to a new home! I have exactly two coffee mugs. One for me and one for my husband. Life sometimes is very difficult with only two coffee mugs. I have exactly one of everything in our kitchen. One frying pan, one pot, one saucepan and one saucepan for tea. I have a coffee maker, and a blender/grinder set. and few of the turners and stuff like that [setting up a new home is kinda fun and daunting at the same time.] Things that are absolute necessity and nothing over the top or extraordinary.

the temptation to have more of everything, to be able to have multiple choices and to buy more stuff is very real. To fill the house with more of everything and have multiple options will be awesome. but is it a way of life? how much is too much? how many of each should I have? Where do I stop. These are the questions that I want to answer before I buy more of something.

having watched the documentaries on de-cluttering and minimalism I cannot buy any more mugs than the ones that I already have. Sometimes, the temptation is high, especially when I don't feel like washing the ones that I already have. Having seen those documentaries I have learnt that mostly things accumulate when we are being lazy. It is very enchanting to have an endless supply of the coffee mugs. I can just use and use and use them, without worrying about washing them until I run out of the very last one. And here I stop. I will eventually run out of the mugs and I have to wash the ones that I have. So, on to the lessons learnt from Marie Kondo and the minimalist guys - I'll only keep what is absolute necessary and wash the dishes regularly.

Sugandh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...