Sunday, April 3, 2011

The other side of the picture


although Pakistan faces a lot of problems these days and everyone is counting them. keeping a close eye on those and tabbing each and every problem.

we live in a country where government goes on strike and refuses to obey its own courts.
we live in a country where human life worth less than everything else.
we face bad governance and injustice, hunger and poverty, we don't get relief of any sort...
but there is another side of the picture

i m a professional woman in Pakistan who wears a hijab!!!!!!!!

do u realize how much freedom i enjoy???????? i live in a country where i m allowed to work and earn my own living! unlike those where women are not allowed to leave the premises of their houses!

i was allowed to attend a university and earn a professional degree. unlike those who are never allowed to go to primary school even!

i m allowed to practice my religion and wear a hijab. unlike those countries where a woman is allowed to walk naked but not cover herself up!

i make my own decisions and i m allowed to choose for myself.

i agree that things can get better a lot, but right now i need to keep my eyes fixed on good things that this country give me and work hard for making things better at home :)





Sugandh

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts = My thoughts = Same thoughts :P
    As i've always condemned pessimism ..so I appreciate your way of thinking ..
    A positive side still exists !

    ReplyDelete
  2. well yes it exist if we want to see it! and some might say that ur representing only privileged few but things will change for all for better. Inshallah

    ReplyDelete

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...