Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Yarn Ball

knitting is one of my hobbies... but it has changed ever since i started it... it has become an exercise to save me from hyper tension and bouts of depression that i can undergo.


Knitting for me has turned into a therapy and not just knitting but everything related to knitting is like a medicine to me. from yarn buying - to casting on - and knitting - purl knit purl knit - bind off - stitch and sew - all of these are medicine to me.

before i start knitting i have to make a yarn ball, the wool is available in the loose form that u can not directly knit from so i have to make a yarn ball that in itself is a great exercise in patience and reflection!!!

just imagine making a ball with a seven ounce yarn and u wind it around a paper or ur hand first and then the ball becomes bigger and bigger and u keep doing it... unable to stand as the yarn is around ur knees [if you get up it would get all tangled up] and sitting quietly thinking and doing what you are doing... keeping to the task silently...one get a lot of time to think about things that you otherwise not get a chance to think of.

just this evening i made a yarn ball with TV on but after sometime i lost track of what was on TV and started peering inside my own world. :)... thinking of what should i do to shed off the feeling of being burned out and ignored... of what i can do differently next time and how to clean up the mess that my procrastination has created around me...and after i finished making the yarn ball... i got up and started putting things in order .:)

Happy knitting

1 comment:

  1. I can feel You .... Dunnoe how ..

    And yea that does happen .. that you suddenly divert into your own world .. and in my case whatever I think when such thing happens to me, is most of the times lame ...:P

    Loved the post ... !

    ReplyDelete

Setting Up A Kitchen

The most difficult thing that i needed to do when I started living alone was set up my kitchen. Living alone happened in two phases, once wh...